Branch managers and others in retail bank environments are responsible for the sales performance and the sales results of their sales teams. Unfortunately, most retail bank branch managers do not have the background in sales necessary to understand and manage the sales process.
The purpose of this course is to introduce sales management skills to branch managers and sales team managers and to provide them with practical tools to implement a systematic process for managing sales performance.
This highly partcipatory course places emphasis on the “how to” of effectively implementing a retail bank consumer sales management process. A key element of the course is showing the interlocking relationship between sales and service in a retail bank environment.
Participant completion of the reading materials and practice exercises will provide knowledge of the sales management process, while the in-course simulations will provide hands-on skill development for utilizing the process.
Key Learning Objectives
- Setting objectives for sales performance at branch, team, and individual levels
- Gaining commitment to team and individual goals
- How to implement a process for improved sales productivity
- Monitoring and managing sales activities
- Conducting a High Potential Account Review
- Conducting regular sales performance appraisals
- Developing and implementing a proactive sales management process
This course is run strictly as an in-house workshop so that it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each client. The workshop can be conducted as a three-day, four-day, or five-day course.